Sunday, June 3, 2012

 

     Insecurity and the meaning of Yolo.

 
 
    Well, I have done it. I have officially started a blog. I don't usually post a digital journal of my thoughts and experiences to the interweb. Yolo...I guess. I hate the word Yolo. I never quite understood Yolo and still cannot quite comprehend why people use it. I get that it's supposed to mean Carpe Diem, or to seize the day, but why can't my generation just say that instead. Is the word too long? Does it not sound interesting enough? So Yolo is just Carpe Diem for lazy people now? Also, when we die, and there is reincarnation, wouldn't that word have technically no meaning?
   So far, this blog post may just be daily or weekly ranting. But I as much as I love ranting, I do not want my new blog to be about me going off about stupid people doing annoying or stupid things. I want it to be...well, maybe the title of this blog perhaps. If I wanted it to be about funny rants I would've named it Ranting like George Carlin. But hey, who didn't love that man? In fact, I'm listening to his standup right now (It's bad for ya!, in case you were wondering).
   My Dad told me that a blog can be about anything you want, that's the beauty of it. But really, as I type this out, I realize that is why writing this is making me a nervous wreck. I don't know what to write about, I don't know why I should, I don't know if I may be talking to a million people in the future or a brick wall. It's like I'm George/Marty Mcfly (What if they say I'm no good? What if they say, "Get out of here kid. You've got no future"?).
   All I know is that I want this blog to make people laugh. And that is one of the hardest things to do, thus some of the rewrites, and re-rewrites, the nail-biting and the wishful thinking. In my opinion, it's easy to make people cry.
   I could sit here and tell you a story about how my cat; my best friend ran away when I was seven. I could tell you how I waited every single day for an hour, calling for her to come home. Then I could tell you that when she did find her way back home, it was too late and we had moved to another house. Well, that story is fake. But I'm sure that a tragic story like that one could have made many a few people cry. But if I were to write a comedy as funny as Monty Python and the Holy Grail, I would probably make not too many people laugh. It would most likely be mediocre. But as long as I made someone laugh, I'm all good.
   Great, now I don't know how to end this blog. Should I keep it going?......No. Well to wrap this up, have a magical, extra-fantastical day (with sprinkles on top).

No comments:

Post a Comment