Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ghosts that aren't Patrick Swayze and procrastination

   Sorry for the delay folks, I procrastinate as a hobby and then I do some more after that. That and the fact that I had a ten hour flight from Honolulu to New York and hadn't slept for for a total of twenty-seven hours. That seems like a perfect reason for not posting in four to three days, don't you agree? I know I do. I'll get right to the main topic that I have (had) prepared today (three days ago).
   Ghosts. Whether you believe in them or not, it is my topic. Personally I do believe in the paranormal. I almost always have. I will admit to watching paranormal investigation T.V shows (Not ghost hunters. That is a boring show. Go for Ghost Adventures instead). But I never personally came anywhere close to ghosts in real life. That was until February seventh of this year.
   My friend Darrian and I decided to go to my friend Jayda's house after school. Jayda's house at the time was a fifteen minute walk from school. Now she lives in an apartment building in Salt Lake, in the area surrounding my high school. But at the time her house was...well, a house. The three of us goofed off while we walked to her house. We arrived somewhere around three o'clock in the afternoon. The three of us dropped off our stuff in the living room and lounged about in Jayda's bedroom while Jayda left to do some short odd jobs for her neighbors.
   Darrian and I were left alone while we waited for Jayda. Around five minutes passed and out of the corner of my eye I noticed a dark, shadowy figure make its way past Jayda's front window. Thinking that it was Jayda, I expected the door to open. But it never did. I looked out the window, but she was nowhere in sight. I decided not to say anything about the shadowy figure. Jayda did come back after another two minutes however.
    Once she did arrive, we went over to the kitchen for a snack. From the corner of my eye, again, I noticed a 5'9 foot figure walk into Jayda's room. I froze, unsure if this was my imagination or real. Again, I decided to let it go. After a few more minutes we decided to play a nice game of hide and seek (do not judge us, it is perfectly sane). Jayda quickly went upstairs. I should also mention very quickly that Jayda's house was rented out for two people. There was a staircase that no one used in her house, but since the neighbors had moved out we went upstairs anyway. She went by herself while we were talking downstairs.
   A minute later we heard a scream followed by loud and frantic footsteps running down the steps. Jayda opened the door looking like a mad woman.
  "You saw the shadow figures too," I shouted.
  Jayda nodded a few times before falling into a seat. Darrian was interested in these shadow figures so she convinced the both of us to go upstairs with her. We did so with caution.
  "What exactly happened?" I asked.
  Jayda pointed at the back room down the hallway and told us what happened. She had been facing the stairway and had been waiting for us. Suddenly she saw movement from the back room. A shadowy figure had walked toward her, stopped, tilted its head at her, and then walked back to the back room. As she finished talking, the floorboards in front of us began to creak. Being three fourteen year old girls at the time, we freaked out a little.
   After we took a breather we decided to inspect the linen closet for some reason or another. What we did not know at that time was that if you opened one of the doors but didn't shut it all the way, the other door next to it would swing out and hit you. Of course you can probably understand what happened next. Darrian closes the door, the other door hits her leg, and she shrieks.
   I scream because I have no idea what is going on.  Jayda was already running into the other room. I was in second. But before I went all the way inside, Jayda accidentally punched me in the side of the face out of panic and fear. I hadn't been facing her when she hit me, so I freaked out once more and grabbed her by the wrist. Unfortunately for the both of us, she was spinning around to face the door (Darrian was running in now) so I went spinning with her. We both fell in a heap on the floor. The only thing I could make sense of at the moment was the fact that Jayda's glasses were now soaring through the air like a majestic eagle. Jayda reached up and caught it expertly, until Darrian tripped over her own feet and landed on Jayda. The glasses were flung out of Jayda's eyes and into my right eye.
   We sat there for a few seconds. Jayda slowly got back on her feet and told us that she was finally going to re-inspect the linen closet. Darrian shook her head quickly as I stood up with Jayda. Darrian hovered by us as we saw that the linen closet was weird and unnatural. Darrian quickly went back into the room we had fallen into. Jayda and I slowly made our way into the back room.
I hovered near the doorway as she stopped in the center of the room. It was quiet.Then we heard someone say "Muh". It was a man's voice.It was gravely and hoarse. We freaked out all over again. Suddenly the door to the stairway opened and Jayda's brother hissed at us to get our crap together and get out because the landlord was coming to inspect the house.
   That was the end of our paranormal activity for that day. I'm hope I didn't bore you with the story/long post. Anyways,we never got around to going back to Jayda's house before she moved out. Luckily her apartment is not haunted. Now whether you do or do not believe in the paranormal does not matter for this story. The moral of this story isn't that ghosts are now automatically and officially real. The moral is just that, given the right elements, fourteen year old girls can really lose their s*!t. That is all.



No comments:

Post a Comment